After the short summer break, the Italian F.4 Championship powered by Abarth returns to the track at Imola. A racing circuit full of history and on which all drivers love to compete, thanks to its alternating fast bends and technical sections. The teams arrive at the event very well prepared, following the season’s second official testing day that took place here on 30 August, during which lots of drivers completed between 80 and 110 laps. As always happens in the Italian F.4 Championship powered by Abarth, and even more so soon after a day’s testing, qualifying times are expected to be very similar and there should be great uncertainty during the 3 races.
- New Zealand's Marcus Armstrong (Prema Power Team) leads the drivers’ standings on 157 points, followed by Italian Lorenzo Colombo (Bhaitech) on 145 points and Dutchman Job Van Uitert (Jenzer Motorsport) on 124. Fourth on 115 points is Venezuelan Sebastian Fernandez (Bhaitech), ahead of Russian Artem Petrov (DR Formula) on 113.
- The weekend starts on Friday 8 September with the first two practice sessions – lasting 40 minutes each - scheduled for 8.15 and 12.30. Also on the Friday, the two qualifying rounds will take place at 17.25 and 17.45, which will decide the starting order in Race 1 and Race 2 respectively. The two qualifying rounds last 15 minutes each and there is a 10 minute break in between; if two or more drivers post identical lap times, priority will be given to the driver who was first to post the time.
- Race 1 will start on Saturday the 9th at 12:05, Race 2 at 8:15 AM on Sunday the 10th and Race 3 at 5 PM. The starting grid for Race 3 (which this year is over a duration of 28 minutes + 1 lap), will be decided by the second best time attained by every driver in any of the official sessions.
- All races count towards the Drivers Championship, also the Rookie Trophy (for series debutants), the Woman’s Trophy (for Lady drivers) and the Teams championship.
- Fans can follow all three races Live on Sportitalia (Channel 60 and Sky Channel 225) and also streamed Live on www.f4championship.com and on the official WSK Promotion App.