In the Rookie Trophy, Leonardo Lorandi took the win from Giorgio Carrara and Felipe Branquinho
Under clear blue skies and with the temperature hovering at 26 degrees, Race 1 of the Italian F.4 Championship powered by Abarth got underway with the polesitter, New Zealander Marcus Armstrong (Prema Power Team), making a great getaway and leading all the way to the chequered flag. His team mate, the Estonian Juri Vips, suffered damage in the first corner and was forced to retire leaving the way for the Dutch driver Job Van Uitert (Jenzer Motorsport), who took second place but also in the final three laps caught right up to the race leader and finishing in the slipstream of the race winner. On the third step of the podium was the German driver Lirim Zendeli (BWT Muecke Motorsport), who did well to hold off the attacks of the Italian Lorenzo Colombo (Bhaitech) who ultimately finished 5th, after the Indian Kush Maini (Jenzer Motorsport) took advantage of the battle to finish in 4th.
- Sixth place for the Guatemalan driver Ian Rodriguez (DRZ Benelli), followed by the Venezuelan Sebastian Fernandez and the Italian Lorandi (both driving for the Bhaitech team), meanwhile in ninth and tenth positions respectively were Giacomo Bianchi (Jenzer Motorsport) and the Russian Artem Petrov (DR Formula).
- Lorandi won the Rookie Trophy, consolidating his lead in the series for drivers making their debut in the championship, followed by Carrara (Jenzer Motorsport), the Brazilian Branquinho (DR Formula), the Czech driver Tom Beckhauser (Cram Motorsport) and the Italian Andrea Dell’Accio (Henry Morrogh Racing).
- Tomorrow morning at 8:15 Race 2 gets underway followed by Race 3 at 17:00.
- All races count towards the championship titles for the Drivers Championship, Rookie Trophy, the Women’s Trophy and the Teams Championship.
- The Italian F.4 Championship powered by Abarth races with Pirelli tyres and uses Magigas fuel.
- Also tomorrow, it will be possible to watch the races Live on Sportitalia (Channel 60 and Sky Channel 225) and streamed directly on www.f4championship.com, and also on the official app of WSK Promotion. Ufficio Stampa Italian F.4 Championship powered by Abarth Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org