Armstrong is also second in the first Qualifying session, meanwhile Van Uitert is second in Qualifying 2. Lorandi leads the Rookies in both sessions
The Venezuelan Fernandez (Bhaitech) and the New Zealander Armstrong (Prema Power Team) will lead the fields away in Races 1 and 2 respectively at Mugello, the penultimate appointment of the 2017 Italian F.4 Championship powered by Abarth. It was a striking performance by Fernandez in the first session, because with a time of 1:47.396 he put 269 thousandths of a second between himself and his closest challenger, Armstrong, a greater average margin than other rounds. Third for the Italian Leonardo Lorandi (Bhaitech), followed by Armstrongís main rival for the championship Van Uitert. It went better for the latter, in the second session, when he placed behind Armstrong. Third again for Lorandi while Fernandez was fourth.
- In fifth position, in the first qualifying session, was the Italian Lorenzo Colombo (Bhaitech), followed by the Brazilian Enzo Fittipaldi (Prema Power Team), the Indian Kush Maini (Jenzer Motorsport) and the Russian Artem Petrov (DR Formula). Rounding out the top ten, the Italian Aldo Festante (DR Formula) and the German Lirim Zendeli (BWT Muecke Motorsport).
- Fifth place in the second session of qualifying for the Indian Kush Maini (Jenzer Motorsport), ahead of Colombo, Festante, Petrov and the Guatemalan Ian Rodriguez (DRZ Benelli) and then Fittipaldi.
- In the Rookie Trophy, Lorandi e Fittipaldi, as happened at Imola one month ago, are first and second, in this order, in both sessions. Third place in qualifying 1 for the Argentine Giorgio Carrara (Jenzer Motorsport), meanwhile in qualifying 2 the Brazilian Felipe Branquinho (DR Formula) took third position.
- Tomorrow October 7, Race 1 goes green at 13:25. Sunday October 8, Race 2 and 3 get underway at 9:00 and 15:55 respectively.
- All races count towards the championship; the outright Driverís Championship, the Rookie Trophy (for series debutants), the Womenís Trophy and the Teamís Trophy.
- Fans can watch the racing Live on Sportitalia (Channel 60 and Sky Channel 225) or streamed directly through www.f4championship.com or through the official WSK Promotion app.